Hispanic magazines posted a 22.4% increase in estimated ad dollars in the January – March, 2013 three month period compared to the same period in 2012 while ad pages were up by 2.0%, according to the most recent estimates from HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Total ad spending in the first quarter totalled $49.1 million – up from $40.1 million in last year’s first quarter. Perhaps of most significance, the $49.1 million in measured ad spending represents the highest First Quarter total since measurement of Hispanic magazine ad spending began in 2002 by Media Economics Group. First quarter spending was higher than the previous first quarter peak of $44.7 million achieved in 2008 prior to the recession.
New analysis of HispanicMagazineMonitor™ data for 2011 reveals that Procter and Gamble spent just over 1 out of every four (26.6%) NEW dollars invested in Hispanic magazines in 2011, while People en Español won over one-third (37.6%) of the $91.5 million spent by 364 NEW brands/campaigns in Hispanic magazines in 2011.
Hispanic magazines posted an impressive 39.1% increase in estimated ad dollars in October
(compared to previous year) while ad pages were up by 6.5%, according to estimates from HispanicMagazineMonitor™. For the January – October period, total ad dollars are up by 26.5%, while ad pages are up by 2.0%. While the segment as a whole is recovering, the most dramatic gains in ad pages and revenue are being made by the the largest of the monthly and bi-monthly titles.
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 29.8% through the first half of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released this week by Media Economics Group.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (7)
- Hispanic (93)
- Latin America (26)
- MEG Company News (13)
- Research (8)
- The Evolving Demographics of #Hispanic Americans hispanicprblog.com/hispanic-marke… via @hispanicpr 10 hours ago
- .@WellsFargo launches "SurePay" #Hispanic #online #mobile banking campaign bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/m3U2Kelk5r 17 hours ago
- .@NBCUniversal #Hispanic #online ads for @FastFurious 6 includes #mobile ads on @Univision bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/Q5mWqY9XGI 17 hours ago
- .@Huggies @PullUpsBigKid "Monsters University" #online promotion on #Hispanic sites bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/HJwrzqP0gM 18 hours ago
- .@Blue_Bunny ice cream #Hispanic #online ads on @Batanga, @GolTV, @mediotiempo, etc. sites bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/OLXqJaF1Yb 18 hours ago
- RT @AlvaroCabalFORD: PUNTO de VISTA is out! paper.li/AlvaroCabalFOR… ▸ Top stories today via @leevann @mediaeconomics @holamartin 20 hours ago
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Online Campaigns by Boost Mobile, CoverGirl, Honda, JC Penney, Procter & Gamble, T-mobile, Universal Pictures, Verizon Wireless, and many others.
- NetShoes leads Online Advertisers in Mexico in the First Quarter of 2013
- New Hispanic Online campaigns by Aflac, Bounty, Degree Men, Jack in the Box, M&M's, Subway, and many others.
- Hispanic magazines ad spending up by 22.4% in First Quarter, 2013: Top 10 Tables
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Sprint Nextel, 7Up, Claritin
- P&G and Toyota lead Online Advertising in the Hispanic market in the First Quarter of 2013