Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for August, 2011: Ad spending up by 26.7% this year.
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 26.7% through the first eight months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released this week by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 46.0% year-to-date at People en Español, +11.7% at Latina, +50.4% at Siempre Mujer, +31.5% at TV y Novelas, and +25.9% at Ser Padres.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $25.8 million in spending through August, followed by L’Oreal ($12.3 million), Mars, inc. ($4.1 million), General Motors ($2.9 million), and Pfizer ($2.6 million).
The strongest category in Hispanic magazines was Cosmetics (ranked first with $14.4 million in ad spending and up 29% from the same period last year). The food category ranked second with $11.4 million in spending (+66.3%). Besides #1 ranked Cosmetics, other personal care/beauty categories in the top 10 were: Haircare (third overall with $10.3 million in spending; up 47.3%); Skincare (face) ranked 7th with $4.6 million in spending (-5.7%); and Personal Hygiene ranked 9th with $3.8 million in spending (+73.5%). The Auto category ranked foruth in total spending ($5.7 million) but has so far declined -19.6% from previous year.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (7)
- Hispanic (98)
- Latin America (29)
- MEG Company News (15)
- Research (8)
- .@MarriottIntl nueva campaña digital en @TerraMexico bit.ly/122Hs5i http://t.co/rA6W2NBpAF 3 hours ago
- ...y para los perros tambien! @Purina "Dog Chow" campaña digital para #Mexico bit.ly/122Hs5i http://t.co/ScI13BDZGT 3 hours ago
- .@Purina Cat Chow" campaña digital para #Mexico bit.ly/122Hs5i http://t.co/5V6BF3sMLY 3 hours ago
- Nueva campaña de @SonyMexico para #TheLastofUs juego para PlayStation3 bit.ly/122Hs5i http://t.co/ZtUUi40scg 3 hours ago
- Social network penetration in #Latam is expected to close the gap with North America and surpass Europe by 2017 . http://t.co/Agf2RS3bfu 11 hours ago
- .@VibrantMktng.........Thks for following! Hope you find these tweets useful and informative. Saludos! 22 hours ago
- Follow us on Twitter: @MediaEconomics and @HispanicFacts
- P&G and Toyota lead Online Advertising in the Hispanic market in the First Quarter of 2013
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- Hispanic magazines ad spending up by 22.4% in First Quarter, 2013: Top 10 Tables
- FREE Trial Subscription!
- Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
- ArgentinaWebMonitor is Live!
- ColombiaWebMonitor™ 2012 Fast Facts Round-up
- Univision Interactive Traffic Up in 2011, but Revenue falls by 4.1%
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Sprint Nextel, 7Up, Claritin