Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
– Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (129)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (12)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @PRODUpublicidad: Guillermo Tafet de #Starcom: Aspiramos a que el 50% de nuestros ingresos provengan de digital ow.ly/P1Xly h… 3 days ago
- RT @portada_online: How a Hispanic Publisher Follows into the #PennySaver… portada-online.com/2015/07/01/how… http://t.co/nDaN4rovt1 3 days ago
- Cheezburger Launches Spanish Humor Platform: Eres Todo un Loquillo @portada_online bit.ly/1dsK83o 5 days ago
- RT @PRNmltcult: Interactive One Re-Launching Flagship Sites with New Content and Advertising Offerings Targeting Diverse Black... http://t.… 1 month ago
- RT @jmcduling: In media, only one thing is growing qz.com/416416/we-now-… http://t.co/8jJDWNAaPn 1 month ago
- RT @Kantar: What brands need to know before trying to target Centennial shoppers (born in/after 1997) bit.ly/1GJ0QYq @FuturesCo 1 month ago