Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (122)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @adage: People en Espanol to run English-Language Content for the First Time bit.ly/1f1MlTN 5 hours ago
- Televisa Publishing (@TelevisaDigital) has folded "Poder Hispanic" magazine. Feb/Mar, 2014 issue will be the last one published. 15 hours ago
- RT @USMediaConsult: Miami: TV is suddenly caliente | Media Life Magazine medialifemagazine.com/miami-tv-sudde… 16 hours ago
- RT @Portada_esp: Breaking #Ads #Colombia: Pulzo.com, FOGAFIN y DirecTV ::: Contenido Premium ::: @mediaeconomics http://t.co/i… 5 days ago
- RT @portada_online: How @Target incorporates multicultural insights into Major Campaigns #Hispanic Campaigns @haworthmedia, @shakira… https… 1 week ago
- The importance of print media lnkd.in/dVCryvx 1 week ago
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- Spotlight on the Food Category: Leading Growth in Spanish-language Online Campaigns in 2011
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Online Campaigns by AllState, Aveeno, Bounty, Coca-Cola, Dr. Pepper, Head & Shoulders, McDonald's and more.
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Wendy's/Coca-Cola, Target, and Kellogg's