Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
– Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (129)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (12)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- Check out HispanicWebMonitor Subscription from Media Economics Group: mkt.com/MediaEconomics… 1 week ago
- Loved #MasterOfNone episode 2 tribute to our immigrant parents.. we can all relate regardless of what part of the world we hail from. 2 weeks ago
- RT @MLHispanic: #Magazines: Thoughts from @carlos_pelay, @Monique_Manso and Jeff Wellington on tougher times for Hispanic titles: https://t… 4 weeks ago
- RT @carlos_pelay: Grounds for optimism in the newspaper industry, or is @nytimes an outlier? twitter.com/nytimes/status… 1 month ago
- Very useful review of the acculturation model and its evident shortcomings by @jrvilla bit.ly/1KRgG3H http://t.co/2OBKuh0mZV 1 month ago
- RT @VerbaVivere: "An institution is the lengthened shadow of one man." #Emerson "Self-Reliance" 1 month ago