Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (123)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Free Trial* NEW!
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- Snapshot: Top Hispanic Online Ad Categories in 2009
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Amtrak, Home Depot/Glidden, Sonic Drive-In, Universal Pictures.
- About MEG
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Spanish-language Online Campaigns for Bagel Bites, Capri Sun, Dan-o-nino, Farmers Insurance, McDonald's, etc.
- Which Hispanic magazines folded in 2009?
- MexicoWebMonitor™: New Online Campaigns by Advil, Banamex, Corona, Dreamworks, Ford, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, and Warner Brothers, and many more.
- Time, Televisa, and Meredith: Top Hispanic Magazine Publishers