Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (126)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @hispanicad: Magazine publisher Televisa is pulling the plug on its Puerto Rico operations next month. Management from the... http://t.… 3 days ago
- RT @hispanic411: Univision Launches Novelas Xpress, New Short-Form Telenovela Format bit.ly/1x5ZiyB 3 days ago
- RT @MediaLifeMag: RT @tonifitz76: You knew this was coming: The Amazon-WashingtonPost melding has begun medialifemagazine.com/finally-bezos-… 4 days ago
- RT @hispanic411: Brilliant circulation play. The world of Adveritsing is still learning from publishing. lnkd.in/b2QNkFS 5 days ago
- .@PeopleenEspanol publishes 2nd 'Chica' insert for Dec issue; @garnierUSA exclusive sponsor bit.ly/1GWxsgg http://t.co/dLivw0I9bg 1 week ago
- RT @HorowitzInsight: Streaming catching up to cable: 2/3 of #multichannel subscribers have access to #subscription #streaming services http… 1 week ago
- Breaking Ads: Spotlight on U.S. Hispanic Online
- New Hispanic online campaigns by Best Buy, Clorox, McDonalds, Pampers, Toyota and many others...
- L'Oreal and P&G were the top advertisers launching new brands in Hispanic magazines in 2013
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Experian, Target, and Burger King
- Mira! magazine folds.
- P&G and Toyota lead Online Advertising in the Hispanic market in the First Quarter of 2013
- Procter and Gamble and Goya Foods top Advertisers on Hispanic Websites week of July 1st
- New Hispanic Online Campaigns by Huggies Pull-Ups, Universal Pictures, and Wells Fargo
- New Hispanic online campaigns by AT&T, CoverGirl, Jack in the Box, Southwest, Wal-Mart, and many others.