Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
– Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (128)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (11)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- Fight for #Hispanic #mobile customers gets fierce: @SprintLatino vs. @ATTLatino & @VerizonLatino . #Twitterads http://t.co/znnsHR7Gbz 2 days ago
- #Facebook hits nearly 1.4 BILLION monthly active users. Just let that # sink in for a minute. on.wsj.com/1uFYxw1 http://t.co/hfkjwK2tFT 2 days ago
- #Twitterads: @CharminLatino bonding with #Latina moms #Snowmageddon2015 http://t.co/EqZzC1PtEa 4 days ago
- RT @leevann: Promoted pins are here: ads.pinterest.com 4 days ago
- RT @capturagroup: Wow! 36% of @Forbes 2015 "30 Under 30" are immigrants or first-generation immigrants onforb.es/1xGQDHj 4 days ago
- #Telcos are battling for #Latinos via #Twitterads: @TMobileLatino @SomosFiOS @SprintLatino http://t.co/xijz0Qz3pF 4 days ago