Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
– Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (129)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (12)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @hispanicfacts: I'm not crazy about the title of this piece, but some good stats on #Hispanics and word-of-mouth (WOM) marketing). https… 4 days ago
- RT @ceboli: Social media strategy: Pinterest & Instagram usage doubles since 2012 @pewresearch ow.ly/R9FyL http://t.co/S7R2Lk1AwU 1 week ago
- RT @AdamRJacobson1: REDEF Media ORIGINAL - Letter to the Publisher: Digital Magazines aren’t Working. (@liamboluk - @REDEF) http://t.co/XTI… 2 weeks ago
- RT @GfK: Think about the complexity of #advertising to these 6 #TV audiences: [Blog] bit.ly/1JKo9yf #IoT #bigdata http://t.co/0FDqu… 3 weeks ago
- RT @portada_online: Digital and Mobile Marketing Expert Rosa Alonso Joins @d_exposito portada-online.com/2015/08/05/dig… http://t.co/14UTOMDc8p 3 weeks ago
- RT @KMAdvertising: Procter & Gamble cut the number of ad agencies it works with by 40% — and it's only just getting started http://t.co/w1V… 3 weeks ago