Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
– Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (129)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (12)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @ThinkNowTweets: This is why it is the best time to be in #MRX ---> ow.ly/M59Bi <--- #totalmarketviews http://t.co/Bbba7fgW5b 2 days ago
- RT @AdamRJacobson1: Final edits complete! #HMO15 Hispanic Market Overview set for distribution @hispanicad @AHAA @LopezNegrete @Commongroun… 3 days ago
- RT @ipsosna: #YouTube rolls out ad targeting tool geared for Hispanic audiences - Ipsos research via @WSJ ow.ly/LyLRm 1 week ago
- RT @Variety: Univision Names Google’s Mark Lopez Head of Digital bit.ly/1DHYhUM 1 week ago
- RT @HorowitzInsight: For OTT viewers, broadcast content is the most essential type of TV and video content bit.ly/1AiGIt9 2 weeks ago
- RT @hispanicfacts: Shout-out #FF to @PewInternet for "Teens, Social Media & Technology" study this wk. Lots of grt Hispanic insights: http:… 2 weeks ago
- Procter and Gamble and Goya Foods top Advertisers on Hispanic Websites week of July 1st
- Nuevas Campañas en México: Bayer Yazmin, TelCel y Gerber
- Breaking Ads: Spotlight on U.S. Hispanic Online
- Top Advertisers on Univision.com
- General Mills: How Are they Marketing to Hispanics Online?
- Don't Call it a Comeback...Yet. Hispanic Magazine Ad Spending up 7.9% through April.