Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
– Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (129)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (12)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- Here comes Generation Z... twitter.com/dyslexicwriter… 3 weeks ago
- RT @carlos_pelay: Interesting..continued pref for print > digital/mobile versions of newspapers (albeit declining total audience). https://… 3 weeks ago
- "In the Big Data Era, Content Is Still King" @dbenk via @contently bit.ly/1dKTSqK 3 weeks ago
- RT @AdamRJacobson1: lnkd.in/eWtEh_Q Freedom Brings Back Hispanic Print Brands In SoCal lnkd.in/eeb-dJM 3 weeks ago
- RT @ThinkNowTweets: This is why it is the best time to be in #MRX ---> ow.ly/M59Bi <--- #totalmarketviews http://t.co/Bbba7fgW5b 1 month ago
- RT @AdamRJacobson1: Final edits complete! #HMO15 Hispanic Market Overview set for distribution @hispanicad @AHAA @LopezNegrete @Commongroun… 1 month ago
- New Hispanic Online campaigns via HispanicWebMonitor™
- @HispanicFacts: 6 Shortcut Search links
- Mira! magazine folds.
- Breaking Ads: Spotlight on U.S. Hispanic Online
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Reliant Energy, Kohl's, Western Union
- Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
- P&G and Toyota lead Online Advertising in the Hispanic market in the First Quarter of 2013
- About MEG
- Top Advertisers on Univision.com
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples