Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (126)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @JuanTornoe: New Primetime Newscast for U.S. Hispanics to Debut on WAPA America ift.tt/10obYIs 13 hours ago
- Performance-based pricing (vs CPM) accounts for two-thirds of digital ad revenues @iab bit.ly/1wkv3WQ http://t.co/CoucDanuTO 16 hours ago
- Trusty banners still account for largest share (17%) of display ad$ (>video, rich media) @iab bit.ly/1wkv3WQ http://t.co/5CKpwLpIhQ 16 hours ago
- Despite hype, #video share of all digital ad dollars remains flat in 1st half of 2014 @iab bit.ly/1wkv3WQ http://t.co/Fz1tFP9qEg 17 hours ago
- #Mobile surges to account for nearly 1 of 4 (23%) of all digital ad dollars @iab bit.ly/1wkv3WQ http://t.co/63z1HzTCvN 17 hours ago
- Digital Ad Revenues Hit Landmark High in First Half High of 2014, Surging to $23.1 Billion @iab bit.ly/1wkv3WQ 17 hours ago
- New Hispanic Online campaigns by Blackberry, Burger King, Dorito's, Droid X, Gain, Infusium 23, Levi's, McDonald's and many others.
- Mira! magazine folds.
- New Hispanic Online Campaigns by Anheuser-Busch, Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism, General Mills, Mars, Inc., Riviana Foods, Unilever, and many others.
- Hispanic Magazine Ad Spending Bouncing Back.
- Power Boost: "Poder Hispanic" magazine debuts with Ads from GM, US. Government, Mastercard, Bridgestone, etc.
- Selected new Hispanic Online campaigns via HispanicWebMonitor™
- MexicoWebMonitor™: New Online Campaigns by Advil, Banamex, Corona, Dreamworks, Ford, Procter & Gamble, Reebok, and Warner Brothers, and many more.
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Spanish-language Online Campaigns for Bagel Bites, Capri Sun, Dan-o-nino, Farmers Insurance, McDonald's, etc.
- Hispanic magazines ad spending up by 22.4% in First Quarter, 2013: Top 10 Tables
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples