Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (122)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @portada_online: How @Target incorporates multicultural insights into Major Campaigns #Hispanic Campaigns @haworthmedia, @shakira… https… 1 day ago
- The importance of print media lnkd.in/dVCryvx 4 days ago
- RT @KayMcSpadden: The importance of print media | CharlotteObserver.com charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/11/483… 4 days ago
- RT @ben_perreira: "Twitter is much more of a competitor to other 'discovery tools' and 'information sources' than it is to Facebook." http:… 4 days ago
- RT @hispanicfacts: #Hispanics are most likely to engage in #SocialTV @CREtalk bit.ly/1qlGL08 http://t.co/t4HGo4aMBF 6 days ago
- RT @CREtalk: CRE study: Half of social media use while watching TV is about TV: researchexcellence.com/documents/news… #SocialTV 6 days ago
- New Hispanic Online campaigns by Blackberry, Burger King, Dorito's, Droid X, Gain, Infusium 23, Levi's, McDonald's and many others.
- L'Oreal and P&G were the top advertisers launching new brands in Hispanic magazines in 2013
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- New Hispanic Online Campaigns by Kleenex, Chevrolet, and AT&T
- HWM Breaking Ads Update...NEW Spanish-language ads this week for HispanicWebMonitor™: AT&T, Home Depot, Mar's, P&G, RIM, State Farm, T-mobile, Verizon, Visa, Volkswagen, etc.
- Welcome to new MEG clients: Dieste, MEC Latin America, Silver Lake Media Group, and Starmedia!
- Ford Fiesta Wins With Digital (from HispanicMarketWeekly.com)
- Hispanic Magazine Ad Spending Bouncing Back.