Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (126)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @tanyasalcido: Instagram's First Video Ads Appear From Disney, Activision, Lancome, CW, Banana Republic | Adweek bit.ly/1s0LymM 1 hour ago
- RT @USMediaConsult: Los latinoamericanos confían más en motores de búsqueda que en medios tradicionales ow.ly/D7CDn #10 tenden… 2 hours ago
- The rise and fall of @iVillage: how social media undermined its premise by @lmoses @Digiday bit.ly/1tHZmH3 2 hours ago
- RT "@CJR: Coca-Cola now reportedly spends more money creating its own content than it does on television advertising buff.ly/1FZ7yYX" 1 day ago
- RT @portada_online: In pursuit of #Hispennial @REMEZCLA remezcla relaunches web and expands to 3 content verticals, #Latism https://t.co/wm… 2 days ago
- RT @carlos_pelay: What's old is new again in digital. @capturagroup "Brand Publishers Are Ditching Facebook in Favor of Microsites: http://… 3 days ago
- Ford Fiesta Wins With Digital (from HispanicMarketWeekly.com)
- New Hispanic Online Campaigns by Anheuser-Busch, Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism, General Mills, Mars, Inc., Riviana Foods, Unilever, and many others.
- Hispanic Magazines post Uneven Results for 2010 but improve over 2009
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Amtrak, Home Depot/Glidden, Sonic Drive-In, Universal Pictures.
- Selected new Hispanic Online campaigns via HispanicWebMonitor™
- Free Trial* NEW!
- Breaking Ads Colombia: Supermercados Colsubsidio, BlackBerry y Cerveza Poker Ligera
- About MEG