Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (118)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- 10 Ways Great Speakers Capture People's Attention lnkd.in/dBGqz9c 10 hours ago
- RT @hispanicfacts: GREAT infographic on #Millenials and #Hispanic shoppers by @TargetLatino lnkd.in/dUBJZX4 http://t.co/pru3qCNq4H 1 day ago
- #GotMilk campaign ends. 20 #Latino celebrities who "wore the 'stache" from @Latina. Your fave? bit.ly/1e6wWLP http://t.co/KTXyNrCB0W 3 days ago
- RT @hispanicfacts: We're out Friday, so early #FF to some grt #Latino orgs: @NewFuturo, @LEADProjects, @LatinoCoalition, @LatinaRAS Have ot… 3 days ago
- RT @EditorPublisher: Digital Ad Growth About to Offset Print Decline - News websites and online publishers saw advertising soar 18 per ... … 3 days ago
- RT @Latina: Lupita Nyong’o opens up about identity: “I say I’m a Mexi-Kenyan.” latina.com/buzz/lupita-ny… 3 days ago
- New Hispanic Online Campaigns by Huggies Pull-Ups, Universal Pictures, and Wells Fargo
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Pepsi Next, Mountain Dew "KickStart, Vidal Sassoon
- Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
- Top Advertisers on Univision.com
- L'Oreal and P&G were the top advertisers launching new brands in Hispanic magazines in 2013