Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (7)
- Hispanic (93)
- Latin America (26)
- MEG Company News (13)
- Research (8)
- .@WellsFargo launches "SurePay" #Hispanic #online #mobile banking campaign bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/m3U2Kelk5r 6 hours ago
- .@NBCUniversal #Hispanic #online ads for @FastFurious 6 includes #mobile ads on @Univision bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/Q5mWqY9XGI 6 hours ago
- .@Huggies @PullUpsBigKid "Monsters University" #online promotion on #Hispanic sites bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/HJwrzqP0gM 7 hours ago
- .@Blue_Bunny ice cream #Hispanic #online ads on @Batanga, @GolTV, @mediotiempo, etc. sites bit.ly/wqM8p2 http://t.co/OLXqJaF1Yb 7 hours ago
- RT @AlvaroCabalFORD: PUNTO de VISTA is out! paper.li/AlvaroCabalFOR… ▸ Top stories today via @leevann @mediaeconomics @holamartin 9 hours ago
- RT @HealyHoops: Data shows retweets are highest Friday afternoons buff.ly/12v837o 9 hours ago
- P&G and Toyota lead Online Advertising in the Hispanic market in the First Quarter of 2013
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Online Campaigns by Boost Mobile, CoverGirl, Honda, JC Penney, Procter & Gamble, T-mobile, Universal Pictures, Verizon Wireless, and many others.
- Hispanic magazines ad spending up by 22.4% in First Quarter, 2013: Top 10 Tables
- NetShoes leads Online Advertisers in Mexico in the First Quarter of 2013
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by Sprint Nextel, 7Up, Claritin
- ColombiaWebMonitor™ 2012 Fast Facts Round-up
- General Mills: How Are they Marketing to Hispanics Online?
- ColombiaWebMonitor: Online competitive intelligence for Colombia now available from Media Economics Group
- New Online Campaigns in Colombia for: BanColombia, Colgate, Dell, Lan Airlines, Trident, and many others