Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (117)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (18)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @carlos_pelay: The right way to use landing pages to validate your #MinimumViableProduct goo.gl/gH55AU @joelgascoigne 15 hours ago
- .@NYStateofHealth Ins. Marketplace connects with #Hispanics online in both Sp & Eng #AffordableCareAct #Obamacare http://t.co/0FAs4XrAPF 16 hours ago
- RT @USMediaConsult: Usos y hábitos de consumo de tarjetas de crédito en México masterresearch.com.mx/articulos-mr-n… 22 hours ago
- YTD 573 companies and 1,264 brands/campaigns employed #mobile ads on #Hispanic-targeted mobile websites wp.me/pBJuA-sZ 1 day ago
- Major advertisers using #Spanish-language #mobile ads to reach #Hispanics wp.me/pBJuA-sZ http://t.co/yriOlUPC64 1 day ago
- Thanks for following & RTs! @HisPanicAttacks, @CUBEspanol, @newshispanic 2 days ago
- Major advertisers using Spanish-language mobile ads to reach Hispanics
- Hispanic magazines ad spending up by 22.4% in First Quarter, 2013: Top 10 Tables
- Hispanic Magazines post Uneven Results for 2010 but improve over 2009
- New Online Campaigns in Mexico for: American Express, Banamex, Dreamworks, Telmex, Wendy's, and many others.
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by MGM Resorts, MLB, and MTV Tr3s
- Nuevas Campañas en México: Bayer Yazmin, TelCel y Gerber
- Free Trial* NEW!
- P&G and Toyota lead Online Advertising in the Hispanic market in the First Quarter of 2013
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples