Hispanic magazine Top 10 Tables for May, 2011
Hispanic magazine ad spending is up 24.9% through the first four months of 2011 (same titles basis), according to HispanicMagazineMonitor™ estimates released today by Media Economics Group.
Among the major Hispanic titles, ad revenue is up by 57.8% year-to-date at People en Español, +6.3% at Latina, +18.9% at TV y Novelas, +18.4% at Vanidades, +21.6% at Ser Padres, and +46.7% at Siempre Mujer.
Procter & Gamble was the largest advertiser in Hispanic magazines with $15.8 million in spending through May, followed by L’Oreal ($7.5 million), Mars, inc. ($2.1 million), General Motors ($1.9 million), and Wyeth ($1.8 million).
The strongest categories in Hispanic magazines were personal care categories Cosmetics (ranked first with $9.0 million in ad spending and up 23% from the same period last year) and Haircare (second with $5.9 million in spending; up 51.4%). The food category also posted strong results with $5.2 million in spending (+47.8%). Auto spending is growth was still sluggish with just $2.9 million in spending YTD (+4.8%) – well below pre-recession levels.
Please see the slideshow below for rankings of top 10 Advertisers, Brands/Campaigns, Categories, and Magazines:
Please let us know if you have any questions about the Hispanic magazine results above and/or if we can be of help in any way.
Thanks for reading.
- Carlos Pelay
Want to dig deeper? Register here for a free 7-day guest pass to HispanicMagazineMonitor™.
Get Email Updates:
- Ad Spending Estimates (8)
- Hispanic (123)
- Latin America (32)
- MEG Company News (19)
- Research (10)
- Top Hispanic Online Advertisers & Brands (4)
- RT @richardslerma: What “Multi-Screen-Tasking” Means For Brands bit.ly/1u8htYE 1 day ago
- RT @jeanettebas: ¡Hola! Meet the U.S. Latino Edition of Flipboard flip.it/KfMge 1 week ago
- RT @hispanicfacts: Over half (53.1%) of #Hispanic adults live in #Wireless -only households @CDCgov 1.usa.gov/1k9B9l3 http://t.co/gKO… 1 week ago
- Thks for Follows/RTs! @ameeerican, @carlosjperezr, @visioncritical, @colleeniorio. 1 week ago
- Univision and Telemundo Are Battling It Out on a Digital Front @Adweek @MishCastillo bit.ly/VYKhE4 1 week ago
- RT @carlos_pelay: Henry Ford said “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.” Asking ppl what they want… 2 weeks ago
- Free Trial* NEW!
- P&G and Toyota lead Online Advertising in the Hispanic market in the First Quarter of 2013
- L'Oreal and P&G were the top advertisers launching new brands in Hispanic magazines in 2013
- Bilingual/Spanglish Online ads for Hispanics - some examples
- Which Hispanic magazines folded in 2009?
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Online Campaigns by Boost Mobile, CoverGirl, Honda, JC Penney, Procter & Gamble, T-mobile, Universal Pictures, Verizon Wireless, and many others.
- HispanicWebMonitor™: New Campaigns by NY State "Health Plan Marketplace", Ford "BoxTrivia", Red Lobster "Lobsterfest"
- Snapshot: Top Hispanic Online Ad Categories in 2009
- New Hispanic Online Campaigns by Dreamworks, Ford Fiesta, Pepsi, Tecate, and many others.
- Hispanic magazines ad spending up by 18.3% January - July, 2013: Top 10 Tables